Tuesday, May 31, 2011


Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom

I am an American woman artist whose medium is photography. I am also a wife and mother of three boys. I specify that I am American because my husband is from Argentina and this has added wrinkles to the complicated relationships of my family.

Though I have focused my lens on my children since they were born, over two years I worked to convey my personal reality within the family. This process constantly brought me back to the dining room table. Here the family comes together in various mutations at all different times of the day for a full range of activities. In all the images I was absent. Ultimately I stepped in front of the camera, and through pose and gesture found a language to communicate my emotional experiences as an American woman, wife, and mother.























A Mother's World






Family









No comments:

Post a Comment